June 9, 2022
As a Materials Technologist you will be responsible for technical support of the Operations department, and the development and introduction of new material technologies to the business. You will be responsible for working on technical projects as well as answering customer project related technical queries on behalf of the company.
You are responsible for:
- Supporting the business with all aspects of new and current material technology, including materials- related root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and non-conformance.
- Contributing to work packages and projects with regards to material development and implementation.
- Conducting and reporting on lab and shop floor-based trials to support Materials Science projects and initiatives.
- Driving the development and maintenance of materials property data management within the business
- Liaising with raw material suppliers to understand the state of their technology and to obtain support with technical queries.
- Ensuring adherence to company policies and business regulations.
Your main duties include:
- Confirming by experimentation the efficacy and suitability of materials for use in manufacturing.
- Collecting, collating and analysing material properties, derived from experimental data.
- Evaluating new materials and formulations to suit new and current applications.
- Develop and maintain current materials knowledge regarding international standards, test protocols and materials qualification requirements relevant to the to the business.
- Support the business in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Adjusting formulations to support day-to-day operations.
- Material troubleshooting to support production functions.
- Helping to generate and modify technical specifications for raw materials and finished systems.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
You are expected to have the knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Schedule, initiate, progress, report and conclude technical projects.
- Develop, formulate and optimise polymer and composite systems.
- Understand mechanical analysis and its relevance to polymer properties.
- Be a creative thinker and practical problem solver to provide technical solutions.
- Communicate effectively across a broad range of audiences.
- Be a self-starter but also be able to work effectively within teams.
Ideally have proven and successful experience of:
- At least 1 years’ experience with syntactic, composite or polyurethane materials as well as a knowledge of other thermoset, thermoplastic or rubber materials.
- Working efficiently on several work packages/tasks simultaneously.
- Communicating effectively, both internally and externally.
- Developing material systems and technologies.
- Providing technical support to businesses.
- Relating mechanical properties to chemical / polymer characteristics.
Your working environment will be:
- Office, shop floor and lab
- Out-of-hours working to accommodate time zone variations and customer
- Flexible working in accordance with CRP Subsea policy.