June 10, 2021
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Mechanic
The position will require a sound working knowledge of electrical machinery and controls.
Reporting into the Maintenance Supervisor as part of a small team on shift. The role will consist of following a preventative maintenance schedule, dealing with reactive breakdowns, and working on continuous improvement projects.
- Providing services to ensure consistent operation of all plant and machinery through planned maintenance and adequate spare part inventory in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Providing emergency breakdown service during working hours
- Maintaining site services and facilities
- Provide mechanical and electrical cover to provide maintenance in line with production requirements
- Provide mechanical and electrical cover to provide maintenance of site services and facilities
- Ensure strict compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures
- Adhere to all Safe Systems of work, including Isolation and Lockout Procedures
- Conduct maintenance on equipment and machinery in a safe manner, always adhering to Health and Safety legislation
- Perform a range of activities associated with the corrective and preventive maintenance of electrical and mechanical plant.
- Trouble shoot and maintain electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with relevant Preventive Maintenance documentation
- Report any unresolved issues to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Reduce occupational injuries inherent to the area by ensuring proper Personal Protective Equipment is worn at all times
- Ensure that the housekeeping in the areas under Maintenance control is maintained to the highest standard
- Participate in developing the manufacturing units activities e.g. working practices, equipment specifications, improvements in productivity and quality
- Ensure all equipment maintained in safe working condition compliant with all appropriate company standards and current legislation
- Be aware of requirement for timely repair and re-instatement of equipment in breakdown situation
- Carry out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Be an effective communicator and good team player
- Ensure excellent service delivery through operational excellence
- Time served Multi Skill Apprenticeship
- A formal Electrical Qualification
- HNC or equivalent, level in a manufacturing or engineering discipline
- Proven track record within a fast pace, demanding manufacturing environment
- Involvement in change initiatives and projects with a view to continual improvement
- Building and developing winning teams
- Frequently required to use Personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toe shoes) in designated areas
- Frequent travel to local site
- Out-of-hours working as some facilities operate 24/7