September 1, 2021
The Procurement Assistant’s primary responsibility is to ensure the timely, cost effective and quality driven procurement of specific categories of goods and services enabling customer orders to be delivered complete, on time, and to an agreed specification.
- Managing the portfolio of suppliers within your nominated categories to deliver the strategic vision of the business in terms of innovation, cost, quality & customer focus.
- Identifying risk in the supply chain and developing and implementing strategies to mitigate the risk.
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies and prevailing business regulations.
- Supporting the bidding process with lead time, technical and costing inquiries.
- Providing Procurement expertise and support to Research and Development activities.
- Provide timely costing and lead time information for goods and services to internal stakeholders within your area of individual specialization.
- Ensure that our Terms and Conditions of Purchase are used in all contracts for supply.
- Specifically maintain or improve our Terms of Payment in line with ongoing business requirements.
- Establish Contracts of Supply and Pricing Agreements where applicable.
- Maintain all relevant cost and lead time information required for all major business processes within our ERP platform.
- Source and evaluate new suppliers as required and as part of our continuous improvement philosophy.
- Provide the Strategic Procurement Manager with performance reports on an as required basis.
- Support company meetings requiring Procurement input imparting knowledge and best practice to the process.
- Chair Supplier Meetings.
- Other appropriate activities as defined by supervision.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Communicate effectively with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a champion for Procurement and related processes with the organization
- Achieve the lowest Total Acquisition Cost
- Develop and guide suppliers within a specific category of spend towards providing added value processes, products and services.
- Understand the requirements of the key stakeholders in the business and ensure that any Procurement solutions satisfy the requirements.
- Degree level in a business, engineering or an equivalent discipline preferred.
- Have or working towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Qualifications.
- Direct experience within a Procurement environment ideally in an engineering / chemical manufacturing environment.
- High level of numeracy. Working with numbers and at times, high levels of technical detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Team based problem solving.
- Possible national and international travel for short durations which may involve periods away from home.
- Driving licence is essential.
- Occasional out-of-hours working to accommodate time zone variations.
- All applicants must have the unrestricted right to work in the UK.
- No agencies please.