September 12, 2022
The post holder’s key function is to develop long term plans ensuring timely supply of goods and service that are critical to the organisations ability to meet its core business objectives.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies and prevailing business regulations
- Developing sourcing strategies for all categories of spend
- Ensuring best practice procurement across numerous internal departments
- Working closely and in a detailed manner with Innovation and Engineering to ensure channels of supply are at the lowest total cost, not just the lowest purchase price.
- Managing the supply base and ensuring it is in-line with CRP Subsea long-term vision, objectives and can provide the innovation and flexibility which our customers demand
- Production of the annual Purchasing Plan
- Achieving the lowest cost of acquisition across multiple suppliers, categories of spend and locations.
- Co-ordinating and monitoring the maintenance or improvement in our Terms of Payment in line with ongoing business requirements.
- Establishing Contracts of Supply and Pricing Agreements where applicable for significant suppliers
- Maintaining all relevant cost and lead time information required for all major business processes.
- Directing the sourcing and evaluation of new suppliers where required and as part of our continuous improvement philosophy
- Development and maintaining the supplier development strategy – including new supplier markets
- Compiling and communicating all month and quarter-end KPI reporting
- Leading all key negotiations
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Effective communicator
- Champion for procurement and related processes
- Develop and guide suppliers towards providing added value processes, products and services
- Experience of using an ERP system; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic 365 would be advantageous
- Degree level in a business, engineering or an equivalent discipline preferred.
- Certification in CIPS
- Managing a Procurement function
- MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Managing team-based problem solving
- Complex and significant negotiations
- Leading across multiple functions and coordinating projects towards project development
Your working environment will be:
- Office based
- Involving occasional international travel for short durations
- Out-of-hours working to accommodate time zone variations