March 7, 2023
- Providing a comprehensive QC inspection service to ensure that all standards related to quality are achieved.
- Support the QC Manager and QC Supervisor in any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
- Carrying out inspection of the business’ manufactured products at all stages of manufacture including work at suppliers.
- Ensuring that the status and control on non-conforming products is in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Maintaining clear and accurate records of inspection findings at all times and reporting all and every deviation to the QC Supervisor.
- Working with customer on-site inspectors to complete witness/hold points determined as part of the inspection and test plan.
- Ensuring strict compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures with reference to health, safety and quality.
- Delivery of inspection activities to meet production schedule with focus on quality and on-time delivery.
- Ensuring that the housekeeping in the areas under the control of the QC department are maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensuring all measuring equipment is calibrated before use.
- Supporting continuous improvement in the department and integrating best practice.
- Completing cross functional training as requested in other QC areas to allow greater departmental flexibility and coverage for annual leave.
- Operating handling equipment such as forklift trucks and overhead cranes to manipulate items under inspection.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Communicate effectively in spoken and written formats.
- Deliver excellent customer satisfaction by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Understand customer needs and develop interventions to fulfil requirements.
- Ensure excellent service delivery through operational excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- HS Qualification, or equivalent, level in a manufacturing, engineering or sciences discipline.
- Working within a Quality Control department.
- Proven track record within a fast pace, demanding manufacturing environment.
- Involvement in change initiatives and projects with a view to continual improvement.
- Building strong relationships and working as part of a team.
- Work may occasionally involve lifting of materials and product up to 25kg.
- Frequently required to use Personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toe shoes) in designated areas.
- Frequent travel to multiple local sites and may be involved in global travel.
- Out-of-hours working as some facilities operate 24/7.