September 15, 2022
An individual with strong manufacturing quality experience who can manage the QC team to ensure products are inspected and tested effectively in a timely manner. Responsible for ensuring any internal or external nonconformities are effectively identified and contained as part of the mapped process for control of non-conforming products.
You are expected to exemplify the leadership and behaviours that are outlined in the Manufacturing Competency & Skills Functional Excellence Matrix and do your utmost to improve and enhance the reputation of CRP Subsea in all of your business dealings.
- Ensuring that CRP Subsea products meet both internal and external customer requirements and are legally compliant.
- Review customer requirements and ensure that they are met or
- Ensure inspection activities are aligned with ITP requirements and recorded where
- Establish quality requirements for suppliers and feed into the Technical Purchasing Specification
- Defining quality procedures and product acceptance criteria in conjunction with product design engineering teams.
- Monitoring performance trends by gathering relevant data and producing statistical
- Co-ordinate NCR reporting in the business system including regular communication to relevant stakeholders of status with respect to quantities open and closure times.
- Defines, maintains and co-ordinates quality objectives in line with site strategic
- Overall management of QC and Materials Testing teams to optimise their contribution to the business with particular emphasis on efficient individual and team working through adequate communication and training.
- Communicate effectively with relevant internal departments e.g. Production, Production Engineering in order to ensure that production is not unduly delayed.
- Direct investigations of process variation, NCR and repeated violations to support root cause analysis and corrective actions using defined Practical Problem Solving methodologies.
- Ensure the proper operation of the manufacturing units’ disciplinary procedure for the employees under the managers’ control.
- Ensure that the housekeeping in the areas under the managers’ control is maintained to the highest standard.
- Participate in developing the manufacturing units activities e.g. working practices, equipment specifications, improvements in productivity and quality.
- Providing direction and training to employees to accomplish company goals and
- Conducting employee performance reviews and managing employee Leading change and integrating best practice
- Fulfilling all Global Operations duties identified in The Map and driving continuous
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communicator with the ability to lead and manage
- Team building
- Deliver excellent customer satisfaction by continuously meeting and exceeding
- Understand customer needs and develop interventions to fulfil
- Ensure excellent service delivery through operational
- Extensive knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments.
- Degree, or equivalent, level in a manufacturing, engineering or sciences discipline
- Six Sigma/Lean training
- Black Belt
- Proven track record within a fast pace, demanding manufacturing
- Involvement in change initiatives and projects with a view to continual improvement – particularly raising the profile of quality improvement.
- Building and developing winning teams.
- On occasion the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in designated .
- Out-of-hours working as some facilities operate 24/7.