September 1, 2021
Stores & Despatch Lead
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control resources to achieve maximum efficiency in moving goods between sites. Particular emphasis placed on making sure optimisation of key components i.e. Raws, Finished parts, Tooling
- Enhance transport between sites by making sure our owned vehicle is fully utilised within the requirements of the working day.
- Deliver on internal stakeholder requirements for additional transport needs during the working week.
- Manage the inventory within your area to ensure that stock levels are accurate and reflected in IFS
- Coordinate activities to achieve warehouse and despatch daily objectives; emphasis to be placed on developing effective individual and team working through adequate communication and training.
- Ensure strict compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures with particular reference to health, safety and quality
- Maintain high level of productivity and efficiency within your warehouse and despatch team.
- Motivate cell members to fulfil daily tasks whilst maintaining high levels of quality and on-time delivery; developing cell members skills via coaching, mentoring and training
- Actively manage the performance of the cell members including conducting performance appraisals and taking action, where necessary
- Reduce occupational injuries inherent to the area by auditing and ensure all employees to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Understand and work within job classification, skill levels, compensation programmes, overtime provisions, performance appraisals, corrective discipline, vacation scheduling, payroll processing, complaints process, etc. in cooperation with your Line Manager
- Coordinate maintenance needs for departmental operations and research alternative means to run equipment more efficiently
- Ensure that housekeeping in the areas under your jurisdiction are maintained to the highest standard. Ensure all hours are allocated to the relevant activity and raise any anomalies against the standard via your line manager
- Participate in developing the departments activities e.g. working practices, equipment specifications, and improvements in productivity and quality.
- Reduce errors in goods in and make sure all finished goods are packed to meet with customer specifications
- Leading change and integrating best practice.
- Fulfilling all operational duties identified in The Map and driving continuous improvement
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time’
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator with the ability to lead, develop and supervise a team
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service by continuously meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Able to understand customer needs and develop interventions to fulfil requirements
- Ensure excellent service delivery through operational excellence
- Proficient in the use of IT and ERP systems (desirable)
- Recommendations for improvement
- Supporting the leadership of inventory & fulfilment improvement initiatives
- Responsibility for control of various waste streams
- Control of external materials audits and storage and any costs related to them
- Other appropriate activities as defined by your Manager and Operations Director Communicate and present effectively at all levels of the business.
- Define and deliver on an inventory management model that improves overall cash flows
- Ensure overall compliance and effective utilization of materials management within an ERP environment.
- Organize and prioritize resources.
- Build relationships and lead teams.
- Understand the need to follow and improve our supply chain management methodology.
- Microsoft Office (preferred)
- ERP systems (preferred)
- Experience within supply chain, materials, or operations
- Involvement in implementing supply chain programs such as demand management and forecasting, inventory optimization, master planning and distribution planning
- Working across cultural boundaries
- Managing direct reports
- Communicating effectively, both internally and externally
- Factory-based role.
- Required to work outside in all weather conditions (appropriate PPE will be provided)
- Occasional out-of-hours working to accommodate business needs.
- All applicants must have the unrestricted right to work in the UK.
- No agencies please.