June 9, 2021
Design Engineer x 2
As a Design Engineer, you have responsibility to complete all design engineering work allocated to you by the Engineering Team Manager in an efficient and timely manner. You will work with Draughtspeople to ensure that drawings fully comply with the Customer’s requirements and are in line with the company standard procedures. You are also required to work with other Design Engineers to ensure that design documentation fully complies with the Customer’s requirements and is in line with the company standard procedures.
- The successful and timely delivery of all design engineering work allocated to you.
- Maintaining high quality engineering output.
- Working to defined company processes and standards.
- Maintaining customer focus and ensuring customer satisfaction through delivery of your work.
- Supporting the Business Group in the process of winning new work.
- Improving product design methods & procedures.
- Supporting the Engineering Team Manager to provide design engineering cover across the Business Group and across CRP when necessary.
- Performing design engineering activities within Design Engineering on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that all products are designed in accordance with customer requirements, company practice and recognised engineering standards.
- Improving product design methods and procedures.
- Generating technical presentations for either internal or external purposes.
- Ensuring information in drawings and documentation is both correct and complete.
- Providing technical support for products associated with the Business Group activities.
- Providing technical support relating to production plant and equipment if require.
- Assisting in the communication of technical data to
- Customers and sub-contractors.
- Interfacing with Supply Chain and Operations as required.
- Support and participate in company-wide improvement initiatives.
- Other appropriate activities as defined by the Business Group management.
Knowledge, skill and abilities
- Ability to work on standard products independently without supervision and non-standard products with some supervision.
- Understand the need to follow and improve CRP’s design methodology.
- Knowledge of main material families used in CRP core products.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more technical analysis tools.
- Capability of engineering problem solving, risk & potential mitigation identification.
- Experience of running physical tests and interpretation of test results with minor supervision.
- Work in a logical and analytical manner.
- Work effectively on simultaneous projects; manage time flexibly and effectively with minor supervision.
- Advising and agreeing reasonable timescales for completion of engineering with sales and projects colleagues.
- Communicate effectively with good written and verbal skills.
- Build strong working relationships and work well within a multi-discipline team.
- Set example for and provide support/training to less experienced engineers.
- Awareness, understanding and effective application of relevant technical and HSE standards.
- Understanding of product applications and appreciation of industry needs.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or other similar discipline (BEng (hons) or MEng (hons) or equivalent).
- Working across cultural boundaries.
- Communicating effectively, both internally and externally.
- Working within a manufacturing environment.
- Working quickly and efficiently on simultaneous projects.
- Conducting analytical calculations.